I'm Breaking Up With You

Dear Computer Science,

Hey, I need to be honest with you. This feels like the right thing to do, but it’s extremely difficult. I know there are a lot of people who are going to think I’m crazy, that I’m giving up on something wonderful. It might be hard for them to understand, but I’ve been having a really hard time with our relationship. I feel like I can’t be honest with you, but I’m finally going to try. I just don’t see a future with you anymore. I’ve changed, and I think we just grew apart. We fight too often. Our arguing has become unhealthy. I feel like we’re just bringing each other down. Our personalities just don’t mix. I’m not excited to see you or to spend time with you, in fact, I kind of dread it, and that’s really not what I want in a partner. There’s just no spark. I’m tired of trying to fix things. We just don’t understand each other very well, and that’s okay. My needs aren’t being met and I’m starting to seek those needs elsewhere. You haven’t been there when I needed you. I was using you for all the wrong reasons, to get to something else. One of us has to change, and since it’s not you, it’s going to have to be me. But I deserve a compromise, so since you’re not willing to give that, I have to leave. This isn’t one-sided anymore. It’s time for me to look forward. This is it, and I have to be firm in my decision. 
I want something different now. I’m in love with someone else. I think I was still figuring out what I want, and now that I finally do know, I’m going to go for it. That means I have to leave you behind. I’m totally ready to commit to something I love and that loves me too. I’ve met someone I really do like, and I want to see where things go with that. I want someone who encourages me and supports me not only financially but also who I am, morally. I want someone who I’m excited to be with, who brings out the very best in me and makes me want to try harder and be a better version of myself. I want to be with someone I can enjoy the journey with, and not use them for any ulterior motives. I want to be with someone I make time for, and that shares my values, and understands that money isn’t everything. I want to be with someone who supports me in my passions. Someone I am familiar with, that I know and can understand and who understands me. I want to be with someone who cares about me a lot, just as much as I care about them.
You’ve been a valuable lesson to me. I still care about you and wish you the best, but I’m not going to romanticize this anymore. I am so glad I’ve had the chance to get to know you though, that’s what dating is for, right?! To decide if you like each other or not, and want to spend the rest of your life together. I mean, we dated exclusively for two years, and then off and on for another three. I’d say we’ve come to know each other well enough. Unfortunately this means we won’t be able to spend as much time together now. But I did learn so much from you and it was great at times! I loved you and I’ll miss you (but not really.) I still want to be friends if that’s at all possible, but if not, because I understand it can be difficult for both of us. But I think you’re great and I’m sure you’ll find somebody who will is perfect for you, and I hope to find someone who is just right for me too. You don’t deserve this, you deserve someone who loves you wholeheartedly, and that’s not me. I know you were looking for someone really serious and I’m sorry I can’t be that for you, but I have to let you go now.

Sincerely,
Michelle



Comments

  1. This made my day :D you're a strong women who is so emotionally and spiritually aware. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig reading your stuff! Very creative, very cool. You seem like the kinda girl I could chat with over good food. Keep doing what you're doing, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts